Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Revit Issues/Comments


Aligning Masses:

The first issue I encountered was the continuous misalignment of my stacked masses whenever I would change the value of my parameters. I tried to align the sides/planes/lines of the levels and locking them but they would always break during the parametric change. I believe that the issue stems from the fact that for my initial layout of reference planes that I had in Figure 9, the two pinned planes were on the sides and did not cross through the center point. Because the pinned reference planes were on the side, the dimension changes would extend from those sides instead of through the center which for some unknown reason causes issues for Revit in terms of alignment. This issue was resolved by initially pinning the reference planes that cross through the center point. So then when I place the masses in the host family, all I needed to do was manually alignment the masses onto one another without the need for align locking.

Curtain Panels:

I was having an issue with the custom curtain panels on the Top/Bot Level Shape in which they would stick out from the sides at certain elevations and not be partially cut off like the properties settings were meant to do (Figure 22). There was one solution to set the curtain panel properties to “blank” and create adaptive curtain panels on the missing panels, however because of my curtain panels increase and decrease parametrically, I would not be able to know for certain which panels I would need to make adaptive. I believe that solving this issue with parametric quantities of adaptive panels is beyond the scope for this Project 1 but will be easily solved once the methods for Revit programming is learned for Project 2.


Figure 24: Curtain Panel Issue

No comments:

Post a Comment